Friday, July 18, 2014

Awarded!!!

Me?  I was given a blog award?  And I haven't even been blogging for a whole year yet!

Yes, it's true.  I was given the Liebster Award by Stacy Bradshaw from There and Back Again.  Thank you, Stacy!

The Liebster Award exists to help bloggers get to know each other and spread the word about your blog and the blogs you love!
Here are the Liebster Award rules:

Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. 
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. 
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition. 
Write 11 questions for them to answer. 
Notify them they've been nominated.


1. What is a ministry that you're really passionate about?
Definiantly Prolife ministries.  I am blessed to work with some amazing and wonderful people to further the message of life through social media.  Abortion is murder and it is sickening to see how our culture is one that glorifies death.  I hope that more people will join the fight for the unborn as we continue to push for truth and righteousness through Jesus Christ.

2. Random childhood memory?
I was around 10 years old when I respectfully "debated" the next-door neighbor about Creationism vs. Evolutionism.  I was too young to take into consideration the fact that he was a Geologist and I might not have all the answers, but nevertheless I still talked with him and he left the conversations with seeds of doubt!

3. Favorite animal?
Horse!!!  I love horses!  Ever since I was little, I have that horses are the best animals ever.  I loved watching "Black Beauty" and my favorite pony was Merry Legs.  Consequently every pet I owned and every toy horse I had was named Merry Legs.  Yeah, it got a little overboard when I named my chicken Merry Legs, but I've always been bad with names, so I consider that an ample excuse.  ;) 

4. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Do I have to pick just one?!  I have always liked Rocky Road... but how can you go wrong with ice cream?  Okay, so pineapple ice cream is sticky.  Like really sticky.  Hm, so after trying such an exotic flavor of ice cream, that's all that comes to mind when I think about it?
And coffee ice cream.  Yeah, that's good too. 

5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
On the West (best) Coast!  I'm happy and content where I live and wouldn't want it to be any different.  

6. Have you traveled abroad? If so, where?
 I wish!!!  And when I do (because I will one day), I'm going to go to Ireland, Scotland, and Israel.  You can join me too, if you'd like.  :)

7. What is your favorite historical era?
Ah, this is a hard one...  WWII is a very interesting time era that I have enjoyed studying, so I guess I would say that is a favorite. 

8. Do you have a favorite author of classic fiction?
Oh dear.  Actually no.  I've never been a bookworm, so I don't look at authors so much as I do good books that really made an impact on me.  I guess I could answer this question with C.S. Lewis.  

9. Do you have a favorite author of contemporary fiction?
Another book question!  And now I feel like it's confession time.  Okay, maybe I should explain the type of reading I like to do... I prefer to read autobiographies and stories that are true.
(And right now I can't think of a contemporary author...  Oops!) 

10. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up (and how does that compare to what you're doing now that you ARE grown up)?
I wanted to be a scientist!  I was so convinced that one day I would have my own personal lab.  Ah, fate.  Well, things didn't exactly turn out how I had envisioned them, but that's okay.  As far as what I'm doing now... wait, am I grown up?!  ;)  I teach piano, violin, swimming lessons, am certified as a Lifeguard, and am learning all about filmmaking.  Hm.  That's not too different, is it?  ;)
 
11. What motivates you?
I tend to be a self-motivated because of my personality.  I'm a determined go-getter who likes to conquer the goals set before me.  However, Christian young people motivate me... standards of excellence motivate me... new ideas motivate me... midnight motivates me...  Wait.  Is it really that late?!

Now to come up with 11 questions...
1. Besides family, who do you admire and why?
2. Awkward Moment?
3. How do you plan to impact the future for Christ?
4. What makes you laugh?
5. What do you love about your best friend?
6. What is something you want to do someday?
7. Is there something that you would have never dreamed of doing, yet you are doing today?
8. What is your favorite state and why?
9. When I say exciting moment, what comes to mind?
10. Do you love what you do?
11. What are some goals you hope to accomplish?

I did it!

Okay, now for 11 blog followers...
Jordan http://jordanstrang.blogspot.com/
Bethany http://rejoicing-evermore.blogspot.com/
Whispering Roses http://whisperingrosesblog.wordpress.com/
Mieczkowski Family http://mieczkowskis.blogspot.com/
Madi http://useyourgift4hisglory.blogspot.com/
The Cash Twins http://onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/
Rebekah http://4rmeddy.blogspot.com/
Carissa http://rosieposiesplace.blogspot.com/
Racheal http://adventuresmidkid.weebly.com/blog

 And apparently eight is the best I can do.

I tried.

Honestly.

Well, I should wrap this up before the night hours starts to take it's toll on my writing (as if it hasn't already!)...  Thank you again, Stacy!  That was a lot of fun!  :) 

4 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed reading your answers! Very funny that you named so many animals after Merry Legs! The name "Blackie" has had the same fate around our place: so far we've had 2 chickens, a teddy bear, and a cat named that! Also your first choice of ice cream (Rocky Road) sounds delicious!!

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Thanks for participating, Bethany! I enjoyed reading your answers! :-)

Elanee said...

I loved reading your answers Bethany:) and surprisingly I actually learned some new things about you. I never knew you liked horses or wanted to be a scientist when you were younger. Have you ever ridden a horse?

RE Parker said...

Gracious Bethany! Thanks!! I'm flattered.

Your responses really tickled me; but you seem to have that effect on me anyways. ;D