Thursday, March 6, 2014

Throw-Back Thursday

I have been very busy accomplishing projects and working towards the upcoming ones (which I'm sure you will get to be updated on!) and I haven't been super great about posting on my blog.  Since today is #throwbackthursday, I thought I would put up a couple old pictures for fun.

 
This picture is from one of the many skits we would put on for our relatives.
I'm "performing" one of my musical numbers, although I can't remember what song it was.  ;)

Shiloh and I playing Indians... many moons ago!  (My hand looks huge.)

 Eden when she was cute and me... well, I've just always been that way.

 This picture was taken seconds before Jordan stepped on a log that opened up a whole in that pile of sticks.  He fell in, but grabbed something before falling all the way down.  I reached down to help him out, but the logs had shifted, so I tumbled in after him (in a rush of sticks, dirt, and dust)!  We were in so deep that when I reach up to the top, I could only stick my hand out!  Somehow we managed to climb out.  Thankfully we only were left with a few scratches.  There was someone that was with us and they told us afterwards, "we were watching you guys up there... and all of a sudden, you were gone!"

Well, how was that for a quick update?  :)  Just for a sneak peek on just one of the things I am up to...  I will be getting my Lifeguard Certification at the end of this month!  Super excited about that!!!

13 comments:

Elanee said...

Great to hear from you Bethany:) I've missed reading your posts recently. I hope your Life Guard Certification goes well. When do you test for it?

Bethany said...

Thank you, Elanee! :) I have do have a post in mind... and I also have an article I need to sit down and write. ;)
I take the Certification the last week of this month!!! :D

Kyle Bowes said...

But wait, if you could still stick your hand out of that log pile after you fell in, then that is really not that far to fall. Shoot, I'd probably still have my head and shoulders poking out. :0P Just saying!

Madi said...

Sounds like you needed that lifeguard certificate. ;)

Bethany said...

Kyle: Well, for us it was far (and there was a time in my life when Jordan was shorter than me). ;) Also, we came very close to falling into the creek under that big stick pile... thankfully that did not happen!

Madi: Actually you are probably right. :P I often come very close to dangerous situations... and that is probably because of my daring personality. ;)

The Bowes Family said...

It was supposed to be a joke, FYI. ;0)

-K

Bethany said...

Right. :) And so?

Emily said...

That's so cool that your getting your Life Guard Cert! I've been thinking about doing that too, but I will have to learn to swim first. ;)
To quote The Princess Bride..."I only doggy paddle."

Bethany said...

Ha ha! :D The Princess Bride is such an awesome movie. ;)

Kyle Bowes said...

-And so I was surprised that you tried to give me a logical explanation instead of firing back a jab of something to the effect of your typical "I'm small but fierce!" :0P

Bethany said...

But of course I wouldn't want you to be completely defeated... because if I did that, you wouldn't come back to comment on my blog! ;)

Kyle Bowes said...

*You* wouldn't want to defeat *me*? I was thinking more the other way 'round. ;0)

Bethany said...

I said that I wouldn't want you completely defeated.
That is not saying that I can't.

Because I can.

I'm short. :P