Friday, November 1, 2013

Just For Fun: Unexpected

My little brothers, Judah and Benjamin were having their afternoon Quiet Time on their beds with books and stuffed animals.  I came up the stairs and seeing the door to their room open thought it would  be rather fun to stop in for a second and play around with them (it's always great to rile up the children during Quiet Time, you know).  Running into the room, waving my arms and yelling, "Judah, Judah, Judah!" I made a dash to flop down on his trundle bed (Ben's bed is right above Judah's, so it's really not possible to do my gymnastic stunt on his bed).  Judah saw me coming and thought I would fall on his stuffed animals and ruin their perfectly good playtime (seriously, like I would mess stuffed animals up!) so he cried, "Bethany, nooooooo!!!"  But it was too late.  Laughing, I rolled onto his bed right in front of him.  Unfortunately I had no way of predicting the outcome and I suddenly realized that my back had rolled onto his stack of hardback books.  The covers of the books poked into my spine as I lay a bit stunned (if you have never tried laying on a stack of hardback book covers, you have nothing to say; it's worse than it sounds).  After a second of agonizing torment (okay, so maybe I am making this a little melodramatic), I turned to Judah and said, "Ouch, I rolled on your books!"  The look on Judah's face turned from surprise into a triumphant smile as he bent forward towards my face, opened his eyes wide, and said in a very matter-of-fact voice, "I told you no!"  To emphasize his statement, he promptly gave me a tap on the nose for good measure. 

I think have a comedian of a brother!

(Of course, I'm really not sure who he learned it from...)

6 comments:

Madi said...

LOL...Laughing so hard over this! Judah is sooo cute. :)

Bethany said...

Ha ha! :D So I successfully woke you up this morning? :P
Yes, he is such a blessing. :)

Carissa Rose said...

LOL!!! That's hilarious!!! Little siblings are so cute :)

Bethany said...

They sure are!

RE Parker said...

Heehee...Really, I think Judah has to be related to you... ;P

Bethany said...

Imagine that! :D