Thursday, November 21, 2013

I am Pro-life

Today is the 90th birthday of the Grandpa who is now in heaven with the Lord.  I wanted to take a moment to honor him because of the Pro-life legacy he has left me.
Grandpa was a Pro-life doctor and this is a true story (from my Grandma) about how he refused to aid in an abortion.
"A doctor's office called Grandpa's office and asked if he would assist on a hysterectomy... That they termed a "surgical assist".  On that day Grandpa went to the hospital all scrubbed and suited up for surgery.  When he got in the operating room the patient had already been put to sleep.  Grandpa found out that it was not a hysterectomy... but opening the uterus to remove a live fetus.  The patient had had two or three other procedures to terminate the pregnancy and she still tested positive for pregnancy.  So they decided to do this procedure...  it would be like a C-section.  He told the Doctor that he did not do abortions and that they knew that and that he was leaving the operating room... then the Doctor said, "Just turn your head when we remove the fetus."  Grandpa said, "NO." and left."

Grandpa stood for what was right.  He had the conviction to fight and speak up for the unborn even though it could have cost him severely.  He inspires me to be one that will fight for righteousness, plead the cause of the poor and needy (Proverbs 31:9), and to further the Pro-life work, picking up where he left off.  

I'm proud of him and what he did that day.

I love you, Grandpa!

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
 ~Psalm 139:14

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2 comments:

Madi said...

What an awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing, Bethany. :)

Bethany said...

Certainly, Madi! :)